Saturday, February 18, 2012

USE ME ExCom - Part I

Many of us who grew up in the 1990's (as well as older gamers) remember the good, old computer game called UFO: Enemy Unknown (AKA X-Com: UFO Defense). This classic gem was, and still is, one of the finest computerized wargames around where you get to run an organization named X-Com which fights an alien invasion. Besides the strategic-level management of your operations all over the globe, you also got to control your force of elite X-Com operatives against the alien intruders in a tactical battlefield. This game spawned a number of sequels which were a bit less successful (although I'm an avid fan of X-Com 2: Terror from the Deep).

Inspired by this game, I've put together some unit cards for an "ExCom vs. Reticulans" scenario using the USE ME Post-Apocalypse rules. Why Post-Apocalypse? Because this is the latest finished edition of the game, which is remarkably applicable, rules-wise, to X-Com-style games, having everything from Psionics to Anti-Tank weapons.

Of course, I'm using minis I already have and have taken some artistic liberty in terms of the troopers' and aliens' looks, but the basic idea remains: a small group of brave Human elite soldiers vs. a particularly nasty alien landing party. I'm giving them a BTR-70 rather than a Skyranger at this stage as I have a BTR-70 and I don't have a Skyranger at hand.

So let's start with the brave ExCom warriors, Humanity's best. Except for the snipers and the APC, they're all Rebel Minis 15mm Russian Spetznaz. The Snipers are Rebel Minis Sahadeen and the APC is a QRF BTR-70.







You can get a full-res 3x3 print-out of these cards HERE!

Next up - the Reticulans AKA the Sectoids!

2 comments:

  1. LuckyJoe's Place was working on an X-Com game. I am not sure what he's done recently, but check it out: http://www.ljshobbyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  2. my marriage with Kardashian reinitiated divorce proceedings in May, and the pair’s marriage was legally terminated in December, on Dec. 17; on that date, the marriage was legally terminated and we both were restored to status of “single persons.” ever since she left i realise that there was something missing in my life though my family were taking me of and at times my kids come for visit cause i was under drug abuse... i feel like want my own family back. i really thank dr odogboo for his great work and advise and for the spiritual guard that brought my wife back. and today, we are indeed married again. there is a good man i want you to know about and he is the reason why, i posted this comment." he is a good samaritan who can restore back broken marriages, health, and also with financials problems.. he is a great spiritualist. my friend Jamie gave me his email because truly, he knows how much i love my wife so he gave me this email to contact odogboospell@gmail.com and great news i contacted him..he advised me, encourage me, and then he brought my wife back. no one could tell how i got her back after divorce but there was something behind which i have revealed. contact him at the above email if you have any problem he is a great spiritual seeker he will help you out of your problems.

    ReplyDelete