Friday, January 28, 2011

A Dream about Cthulhu and R'Lyeh!

This morning, just before awakening, I had a proper Lovecraftian dream.

I dreamed that I am standing in an improvised bus depot in a remote place, waiting for a bus to come to take me home, when it happened. The ground cracked, long shadows were cast on it, fishlike abominations appeared, and a huge, lumbering figure - which my dream tagged as Cthulhu - appeared. In the background, out of a dormant lake, the blackish city of R'Lyeh arose. And I was running, running...

Then I remember exploring R'Lyeh, which felt like one of the weirder levels of the Thief: Dark Project computer game, with very strange artifacts, writings in a squarish alien script, and strange, spectral guards... There were other humans around, exploring, becoming mad...

And it all felt so real!

1 comment: