Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Operation Protective Edge - I am alive and well.

Gaza being bombed by the IDF as part of Operation Protective Edge

In case you are worried about me due to "Operation Protective Edge" - the current round of fire between Israel and Hamas around the Gaza Strip - I am pleased to announce that I am alive and well. I live in Rehovot, Israel, which is over 40km from Gaza, and rarely gets hit by rocket fire. Yesterday we had an air-raid alarm, and had to run into our staircase for protection, and even heard four explosions (they were near Ashdod and Gan Yavne - about 17km to the south from where I live), but nothing fell on Rehovot. I am, generally speaking, quite safe.

8 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are ok my friend. I do watch out on the news for mention of Rehovot but mercifully its not often mentioned alongside these troubles.

    GBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are well. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear, I hope that cooler heads prevail before things get to crazy.
    Stay safe dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your head down Joel, and look after yourself! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete